Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Changes

What is it about summer that makes us so busy I don't have time to breathe let alone blog! Oh how I have missed you ladies! Our laptop is on the fritz so we set up the desktop because I was going through some serious withdrawal's not being able to check blogger & facebook! It's an addiction I tell you! So finally at almost midnight I am finding a few minutes to update you on our lives!
-----------------------------------
The boys are doing great, S-Man's eye is finally healed up. And of course D-D never had a thing wrong with him, he just took out his big brother! I think I am in for many more ER visits with those 2!
------------------------------------
We are in the countdown for when S-man goes back to school! T-minus 3 weeks! He is so excited! We went & got all his school supplies the other night & he just can't wait! I can't wait to find out who his teacher is, a lot of his friends from last year have already heard, so I am hoping soon to hear! Don't want to be one of those mom's who calls & bugs the school but if I don't hear soon, that just may happen!
-----------------------------------
My BFF Sheila found out she is having a little girl! I am so excited for her & can't wait to meet my new niece! Or should I say daughter in law, cause if we had it our way she would be getting hitched to one of my boys years from now! LOL!! I can dream right!
-----------------------------------
Now on for some exciting news & changes for our family!!! After a lot of prayer & talking we have decided to start the process to adopt!!!!!! I can't tell you how excited this makes me! If you have been reading my blog for long then you know from these post, or this one that I have really struggled with our family size. Desperately desiring another baby but being unable to carry anymore myself. My dream has always been to adopt specifically from China, however the laws now are crazy ridiculous on who can adopt & all the MANY, MANY hoops you have to jump through. So one afternoon while doing my quiet time it hit me that there are a bunch of children right here in our "own backyard" that need homes too. The GD & I prayed long & hard about it & decided that this is the route we felt lead to go. Thankfully I have a friend of a friend that works for DHR in our area & I was able to talk to her for awhile & feel much more confident! I sent in our paper work this week & am just waiting to here if we are accepted or not. Then comes the 10 weeks of classes, plus a CPR training class, not to mention tons of more paperwork, & a home study. Then the waiting continues! We are hoping for a little girl younger than D-D as to not mess with the birth order we have now. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! One thing I am worried about is the waiting, I am not the most patient person, so I know this will be a learning experience for me!

Can I ask for you all to be praying for us? Pray for everything to go smooth if this is truly what God wants for us. Pray for the child that is meant to be ours. Pray for our family to adjust. Pray for peace! I am so excited to see God's plan in all of this!!!! For now that's where we are, but I will be updating more as time goes on! Thank you friends!!!!!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you & not to harm you. Plans to give you hope & a future!!!!" Jer 29:11


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys. I have always wanted to adpot.

    Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassandra- How wonderful!!!! I am so excited for this new journey in your lives. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I am so happy for you. The boys ready for a new sibling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! We are quite excited! I don't know that the boys will ever be ready for a sibling but Sam keeps asking for a little sister! Hopefully they will be ready soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So join me in Time-Out!