Here we are again, for Thankful Thursday! If your new here or your first time joining in, I started this a few weeks back to remind myself to stop & be thankful for all that God has blessed me with. Some weeks it might be a person, or people in my life, sometimes it might be a thing, or anything really. Whatever God has laid on my heart to be Thankful for. So if you would like to join in the fun, grab my button & let me know you did so I can check it out too!
This week like all weeks I am thankful for so much. But specifically I am thankful for my health. I know that might sound funny to some of you if you read my post yesterday, or even the post about all the other issues I have. Yes I have challenges right now, but they are nothing like things other people have to deal with. When I am wallowing in my self pity of what I have to deal with, I try to remind myself of this. We all have challenges with have to overcome, some are greater than others. It could be cancer, or organ failure, or infertility, it could be any number of things.
We have all been touched by one or even several of these issues. Most of you know I have struggled with infertility myself, & I know countless friends who have as well. I have a dear friend Lesley, who is currently 30 weeks pregnant with her little miracle. They tried for 13 yrs, adopted a beautiful little girl 3 yrs ago, & then God gave them a huge surprise! What a mighty God we serve!
My best friend Sheila, her son was born with a kidney disease. Chronic Renal Insufficiency. (You can read his story here.) They were told he would need a kidney transplant by the time he was one year old. He just had is 2nd birthday & he is the brightest, happiest, 2 yr old there is! He has had surgeries, & even had one kidney removed. But even the doctors can't explain why he is doing so well. We know why! Because we serve the Ultimate Physician! Nothing and I mean NOTHING is out of His control! What a mighty God we serve!
Thank you Father God for my health & all you have healed me from. Thank you for these dear friends whom you have blessed me with & for the healing you have done in their lives! I praise you because you are the Ultimate Physician. The beginning & the end. You are a mighty God & I praise your name for all you have done!

Thank you for writing a post that is so inspiring. Every time I stop by, I am reminded about God's love and how much I need to be more like him.
ReplyDeletehttp://ourdailyblessinglife-amyb.blogspot.com/2009/03/thankful-thursday.html
ReplyDeleteI hope it was okay that I borrow your logo.
It took me forever tonight to come and find you again. I will link it back to you next week and maybe some others will use it also.
Great blog...I also enjoyed your thankful list.
Such a great carnival idea! And love that testimony about your friend's little guy overcoming kidney disease. Amazing! I actually just came by to tell you that the randomly-selected winner of the Cheesecake Factory gift certificate is Joy from Joy to the Blog. Thanks so much for entering my giveaway, and for becoming a follower! I hope you enjoy my blog! I try to visit at least 2 of my followers daily to spread comment love so I’ll be seeing you soon!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Come visit for my best giveaway ever from March 23rd-26th!