Good Morning ladies! I hope you all are having a wonderful day, on whatever day you happen to be reading this post. I am still walking through the sessions from the DotMom conference that was done by Lifeway just recently. Today's session came from Angie Smith. For those of you who might be unfamiliar with who she is I thought I would start with a quick recap of who she is taken directly from her website...
"Todd (from the Christian group Selah) and I have been married for 10 years, and have four daughters here on earth. Their names are Abby (8), Ellie (8), Kate (5), and Charlotte (1). On April 7th, 2008 we met our daughter Audrey and a few hours later she went to be with the Lord. We knew from fairly early in the pregnancy that she wouldn’t survive, but wanted to have as much time with her as we could have. This blog was started shortly after her diagnosis, and she will always be the inspiration behind anything good that comes from my writing."
I have been reading Angie's blog for several years now, & it has been a remarkable testimony to follow. She has written 2 books now "I Will Carry You" & her new book "What Women Fear". When I heard about this conference months ago, Angie was one of the ladies I was most excited to hear from. And I have to tell you I was blessed, stirred, & deeply convicted! Angie was so nervous when she took the stage even making jokes about not being able to step away from the podium for fear of falling. She spoke about how she never thought this would be where she would end up. She talked about how she was living a nice "normal" christian life & then Audrey changed everything. In the blink of an eye her entire life changed but how even through the fear she was able to find glory in God.
Angie spoke specifically about swimming in the deep. The deep part of motherhood that can sometimes be messy but as Angie put it a "beautiful disaster". As Mom's we have many jobs, one of which is protector. But there is a fine line there. There is a difference between keeping our kids safe & sheltering them. Fear can so easily creep into our lives in so many ways & keep us from experiencing so many amazing things that God has in store for us. Fear can come in many shapes & forms. Fear of the unknown, fear of flying (ME!), fear of change, fear of spiders :) there are so many to list. If we aren't careful then the fears we have as parents will rub off on our kids. And lets be honest do we really want to pass those along?
On my first post I put a quote that really stuck with me that Angie made...
"Motherhood is NOT our highest calling.
"Todd (from the Christian group Selah) and I have been married for 10 years, and have four daughters here on earth. Their names are Abby (8), Ellie (8), Kate (5), and Charlotte (1). On April 7th, 2008 we met our daughter Audrey and a few hours later she went to be with the Lord. We knew from fairly early in the pregnancy that she wouldn’t survive, but wanted to have as much time with her as we could have. This blog was started shortly after her diagnosis, and she will always be the inspiration behind anything good that comes from my writing."
I have been reading Angie's blog for several years now, & it has been a remarkable testimony to follow. She has written 2 books now "I Will Carry You" & her new book "What Women Fear". When I heard about this conference months ago, Angie was one of the ladies I was most excited to hear from. And I have to tell you I was blessed, stirred, & deeply convicted! Angie was so nervous when she took the stage even making jokes about not being able to step away from the podium for fear of falling. She spoke about how she never thought this would be where she would end up. She talked about how she was living a nice "normal" christian life & then Audrey changed everything. In the blink of an eye her entire life changed but how even through the fear she was able to find glory in God.
Angie spoke specifically about swimming in the deep. The deep part of motherhood that can sometimes be messy but as Angie put it a "beautiful disaster". As Mom's we have many jobs, one of which is protector. But there is a fine line there. There is a difference between keeping our kids safe & sheltering them. Fear can so easily creep into our lives in so many ways & keep us from experiencing so many amazing things that God has in store for us. Fear can come in many shapes & forms. Fear of the unknown, fear of flying (ME!), fear of change, fear of spiders :) there are so many to list. If we aren't careful then the fears we have as parents will rub off on our kids. And lets be honest do we really want to pass those along?
On my first post I put a quote that really stuck with me that Angie made...
"Motherhood is NOT our highest calling.
Our highest calling is to glorify Christ."
Think about that. Let that fall on you & settle in.
Angie talked about how our most important job is to glorify Christ in everything, even above Motherhood. And yet the mission field He has called most of us to is the mission field of motherhood. What better place to glorify my Savior than through my children. But do I do that? Do I tell my kids what I want them to do for God or do I SHOW THEM? Do they see me living a life for Him everyday? Or is it just empty words? Am I too afraid of ministry or the unknown to show them how to truly live out this glorious life God has called us for?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a side note thanks to the amazing friends I have & their amazing friends, I had the opportunity to meet Angie Smith after the conference. We spent a few minutes with her & she is as transparent in person as she is on stage & on her blog. It was so awesome to get to meet her! Thank you so much Kristi Griem & Mitzi Eaker for letting me come with you to meet Angie!

~Cass
Think about that. Let that fall on you & settle in.
Angie talked about how our most important job is to glorify Christ in everything, even above Motherhood. And yet the mission field He has called most of us to is the mission field of motherhood. What better place to glorify my Savior than through my children. But do I do that? Do I tell my kids what I want them to do for God or do I SHOW THEM? Do they see me living a life for Him everyday? Or is it just empty words? Am I too afraid of ministry or the unknown to show them how to truly live out this glorious life God has called us for?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a side note thanks to the amazing friends I have & their amazing friends, I had the opportunity to meet Angie Smith after the conference. We spent a few minutes with her & she is as transparent in person as she is on stage & on her blog. It was so awesome to get to meet her! Thank you so much Kristi Griem & Mitzi Eaker for letting me come with you to meet Angie!

~Cass
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! So join me in Time-Out!