Monday, June 13, 2011

New friends & old friends

I have been so blessed by new friends & old friends! I have always loved having friends! My Mom has always called me a social butterfly, & I have to say I agree, although I am more reserved now than I was when I was younger.

First the new friends...Last week was VBS at church & while it was exhausting, I was able to serve with 2 sweet ladies! Courtney, Holly, & I had 4 year olds & had a lot of fun with them. I have known Holly for awhile because her family is one of the ones David lived with on & off. Courtney & her family have just moved here in the last 6 months as well. I really enjoyed serving with both of these ladies & can't wait to get to know them even better!

Tonight I had to privilege to get together with a few staff wives from our church. It's the first time I have had the opportunity to spend time with most of them. I was so blessed by these ladies! They have such sweet spirits & such a passion for the Lord. I can't wait to spend more time with them as time goes on. We got together sharing desserts & just talking. Getting reacquainted or in my case introduced. It was a great night.

And for my sweet old friends, which by no means is a reference to age! :) I have really struggled with this move. Much more so than I ever thought I would. It was really hard to leave my friends. I had posted before about the sweet group of Moms from our group that we have formed a really tight bond. It was hard to leave that. And of course it was beyond hard to leave my bff, Sheila. I can't even put that one into words! But our first weekend here after moving in Sheila & the kids actually came up for an overnight visit. It was so much fun having them here & getting to spend time with them. Then today my sweet friend Leslie & her sweet babies came to visit. We spent most of the day at the Galleria Mall here doing our favorite past time! SHOPPING! :) We had so much fun & it was great to see them.

New or old I am so thankful for the friends God has placed in my life. And I know that no matter where He takes us He always goes before us. I am thankful He knows my step before I do, cause goodness knows I need the direction. Thank you Lord for my sweet friends!

~Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So join me in Time-Out!