Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hello is anyone out there?

HELLO BLOG WORLD!

I know I am a horrible blogger right now. It's been such a long time. I just haven't been able to find the time to sit down & do a blog. So update on us. We are finally moved to Birmingham just a week ago! We were supposed to move back in December but at the last minute the house we were supposed to get fell through. So we ended up waiting for the boys to finish out the school year & now we are happy to be back together as a family of 4 under one roof! WooHoo! We moved in & literally one week later it's VBS this week. We are one tired group, I tell ya!

Sam just finished up his 2nd grade year & turned 8 last month. It was a pretty rough year for him. He really struggled in math this year, & he doesn't have much patience with himself (or others). If he didn't get whatever concept they were learning about the first time through it really frustrated him. So we had quite a few behavior issues this year & I know some of that had to do with the fact that Daddy wasn't around every night. After talking with his teachers & having concerns all year we had Sam tested for ADHD & on his 8th birthday we actually got the official diagnosis that he does have ADHD. I have had a lot of friends ask me how I felt about it & if I was okay after getting the dx but honestly we have been expecting this for quite some time so it was more of a relief to just finally have the dx so we can move on to how to help him. Right now we are still trying to figure out what the best thing for him will be & we aren't really sure what that is yet. Please pray for us as we navigate this new road, & also for 3rd grade in a whole new school.

Drew finished up from K-4 & had his little graduation last month. Hard to believe he is 5 & starting kindergarten in August! My oh my where has the time gone. I swear just yesterday he was crawling for the first time. Now it's time for both of them to be in school & this Momma isn't ready for it. Drew is so excited to be going to "big" school just like his brother & they will be at the same school too (which Momma LOVES!) I just hope Drew adjusts to school okay. But I am not gonna lie, my biggest concern is me adjusting. I am not kidding when I say I am not ready! So prayers appreciated for that as well!

Anyway, that's a brief update on us. I will try to update better but no promises! :) Right now I am going to go rest before it's time to start dinner! Have a good one!

~Cass

1 comment:

  1. I've been missing you so so much! So glad you are back! Praying for everyone your way as you start this journey with your oldest. You can use your blog to be a testimony for others!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So join me in Time-Out!