Today is a hard day. I find it hard to think about anything else. Yesterday I wrote about a friend of ours having a recurrence of breast cancer & seeing specialist about any options. Late yesterday night we heard she doesn't have any or I should say many options. They did tell her she could go to Atlanta for experimental treatment, but ultimately there is nothing else they can do. The cancer has spread throughout & they have given her a time line. At this point that time line has not been shared however we have heard it's a short time line. As I talked with 2 sweet ladies this morning about this, Drew came & climbed in bed next to me. I was immediately taken over with grief. Beverly has 8 children, the youngest is Drew's age. I couldn't hold back the tears, the anger, the questions. I don't understand. I don't understand any of this. It's the age old question we as Christians have been asking for many years, why do bad things happen to good people? Why does God allow these sort of trials & tribulations? I don't know why. I don't have answers. I am at a loss. I am trying to hold fast to the things I said yesterday, remembering God is always there. God doesn't move. I know that He is the Ultimate Physician & He alone holds every breath we breathe. He cares about every tear we shed & every hair on our head.
He alone is God.

He alone is God.

I'm so sorry... try & see some good in this though. It may be a short time left, but its every day that she can leave memories with those kids & tell them how much she loves them... every day will be so precious right now. I know these are the things that make us not understand God's will... but its where faith has to step in & know He's got an ultimate plan - for your friend & for those babies.
ReplyDeleteTrying to process it with you friend. I am at a loss!
ReplyDeletemy prayers and thoughts are with you and your friend. ♥
ReplyDelete