I don't know where to start, so much is running thru my head & heart the last few weeks. Emotions, hormones, whatever it is...it's heavy. First jumping off point...I read through a lot of my old post. I didn't hardly remember the girl who wrote those. I spoke with such conviction & steadfastness (is that a word?). So many of my post lately have been quick updates, I don't know why. Maybe because of all the issues I have been dealing with or maybe blog block? Who knows but I miss talking to you guys, even if you can't talk back except in comments! I promise to try to get back in touch soon!
I do know that one reason I haven't been talking here as much is because I have found a group of women in my church that I talk too. They are such dear women to me. Another staff wife & I, Lesley, got together more than a year ago & started our momMEtime group. We saw (& felt) such a need for stay at home moms (SAHM), because let's face it, it's a lonely job to be home all day with only kids to talk too. We first started out with playgroups twice a month last summer, we loved getting to know more & more Mom's in the church through these. When fall got closer we decided to start meeting at the church once a month for a time of devotion & fellowship on the 1st week of the month & still do playgroups on the 3rd week of the month.
We cried over the loss of a child & we rejoiced when Lesley found out she was pregnant after 13 yrs of trying! :) This group & these women have done wonders for my soul, for my heart! We have come together as Mothers & as women. We share each others burdens & take care of each other when one is sick. Many of these women provided dinners when we lost our sweet 3rd child last Nov, again in March for surgery, & even again now they have provided meals for 2 weeks for my family! I can't even begin to explain how much that has meant to me. To my family. Knowing that we would have meals in front of us, when I couldn't hardly stand for more than 5 min. I could never begin to thank them enough. But when several of them have babies soon, we will rally & do the same for them. Because that's what girlfriends do. I forgot what it was like to have a great group of girlfriends.
When David & I moved here I knew one person...Sheila. When I left FL, I left a fantastic group of girlfriends that were stuck together & there for each other through it all. It was so hard to only know one person. God brought us together knowing we would need each other & boy have we. Sheila is my best friend & I could never have made it through the last 7 yrs without her friendship. And as much as I love Sheila, unfortunately, she does have other friends...I guess the world can't always revolve around me...blah blah blah.... I have so yearned for that group of girlfriends again, of course it's a different dynamic than it was before, but still that group of ladies that were there for each other no matter what. And with out knowing it, with out realizing it, I stopped looked around & realize I have that again! These women are amazing daughters of the King who teach me something new all the time. I love them all dearly & am so thankful for my girlfriends!

I do know that one reason I haven't been talking here as much is because I have found a group of women in my church that I talk too. They are such dear women to me. Another staff wife & I, Lesley, got together more than a year ago & started our momMEtime group. We saw (& felt) such a need for stay at home moms (SAHM), because let's face it, it's a lonely job to be home all day with only kids to talk too. We first started out with playgroups twice a month last summer, we loved getting to know more & more Mom's in the church through these. When fall got closer we decided to start meeting at the church once a month for a time of devotion & fellowship on the 1st week of the month & still do playgroups on the 3rd week of the month.
We cried over the loss of a child & we rejoiced when Lesley found out she was pregnant after 13 yrs of trying! :) This group & these women have done wonders for my soul, for my heart! We have come together as Mothers & as women. We share each others burdens & take care of each other when one is sick. Many of these women provided dinners when we lost our sweet 3rd child last Nov, again in March for surgery, & even again now they have provided meals for 2 weeks for my family! I can't even begin to explain how much that has meant to me. To my family. Knowing that we would have meals in front of us, when I couldn't hardly stand for more than 5 min. I could never begin to thank them enough. But when several of them have babies soon, we will rally & do the same for them. Because that's what girlfriends do. I forgot what it was like to have a great group of girlfriends.
When David & I moved here I knew one person...Sheila. When I left FL, I left a fantastic group of girlfriends that were stuck together & there for each other through it all. It was so hard to only know one person. God brought us together knowing we would need each other & boy have we. Sheila is my best friend & I could never have made it through the last 7 yrs without her friendship. And as much as I love Sheila, unfortunately, she does have other friends...I guess the world can't always revolve around me...blah blah blah.... I have so yearned for that group of girlfriends again, of course it's a different dynamic than it was before, but still that group of ladies that were there for each other no matter what. And with out knowing it, with out realizing it, I stopped looked around & realize I have that again! These women are amazing daughters of the King who teach me something new all the time. I love them all dearly & am so thankful for my girlfriends!

Sounds lovely! There is just something about women friendships. We were made for relationships! Enjoy! {grin}
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post. I so long for a group of girlfriends too. Glad you have those friends to get you through the tough time and rejoice with you in the good times.
ReplyDeleteYour post brought tears to my eyes. There are some amazing women at EMBC and you are one of them. We do support each other, the best that we can with little ones running around. I love you and love the time when we can get together. I hope you are feeling better every day.
ReplyDeleteLesley