Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday~My Daddy

I haven't had much time to do a Thankful Thursday but I wanted to jump back in because I have so much to be thankful for! And what better time to do that then for Fathers Day. Last month I got the chance to tell you about my Mom & what she means to me! So now I am going to tell you a little about my Daddy! If you want to jump in grab my button & jump in for the fun!





My Daddy didn't come into my life until I was about 4. I know that might sound odd, but the truth is my Daddy is actually my step dad. I don't even like to use that word, & I never do because he is my Daddy. He always has been & always will be. When he started dating my Mom he knew that if he married her he would be raising me too. All of his children were older, the youngest was 10 yrs older than me, so he would be starting all over again! He has always told me that when he married my Mom, he married me too. My Mom tells the story that a few weeks before the wedding she sat down with me to talk to about what was happening. She explained it to me (as much as you can to a 5 yr old) & asked me what I wanted to call him. She says I just looked at her like she was crazy & said "Daddy, he's my Daddy!" Without hesitation without even a thought I knew that he was my Daddy. He jumped into the role of husband & Daddy knowing that my bio father wasn't around much & he would be taking on that role. He has always introduced me as his daughter or our daughter. He has held me when the pain of my bio father turned against me, he held me when boyfriends broke my heart, he showed me the kind of man I wanted to marry. When it came time for my hubby & I to get married, there was no doubt in my mind that he is the one I wanted to walk me down the aisle! He has taught me so much over the years & put up with SO much! I know he did it because he loves me & because he is my Daddy!

Daddy, I love you so much! I will never be able to express how much you mean to me or how much respect I have for you. You became my Daddy when really you didn't have too, you could have just been a step dad. You will never ever know how much that means to me, that you loved me!
I will always be Daddy's Girl!!!
Happy Fathers Day!

I found this video through a friend & cried the ENTIRE time I was listening to the song! I hope you enjoy & cry with me! :) Don't forget to pause my music player on the very bottom!





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful Cassandra. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful person in your life. Ok, now let me wipe away the tears!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So join me in Time-Out!