My Paw-Paw just turned 84 this past April & he doesn't look a day over 70! My Paw-Paw served our country in the Navy for several years before becoming a pastor. He is a retired Southern Baptist Preacher, although I don't think Preachers ever really retire. He continues to do visits, funerals, & a few weddings too. My Paw-Paw is the finest man I know, when I think about him my heart fills with more love than I can express. When my biological father left us (my Mom & I) when I was only 2 weeks old, Paw-Paw drove to get us & brought us back home where we stayed for the next 3 years. He is the definition of a Godly man & I have no doubt that God looks at him like a "good & faithful servant". He is a wealth of knowledge & anytime I have a question about the bible or need advice I know I can always call him.
My Paw-Paw while serving in the Navy! Isn't he so handsome!
We were so blessed to have Paw-Paw marry us, he didn't quite make it through without crying nor did I, but it was so beautiful! He did both S-Man & D-D's baby dedication! And gave S-Man his first bible this year for his birthday! What an amazing story my boys have to say their great-grandfather did their baby dedication!

Mee-Mee & Paw-Paw with the boys 2 years ago.
My Mee-Mee & Paw-Paw are my grandparents but really are more like second parents to me! They helped raise me & I will be forever grateful for their example in my life! I love you both so much! Happy Fathers Day Paw-Paw!
Mee-Mee & Paw-Paw the night he was ordained into the ministry!

Happy Father's Day to your dad, your hubby and your Paw Paw!
ReplyDelete