Okay let me first start off by saying I LOVE my children, seriously they are the most beautiful, wonderful, amazing thing God gave the GD & I! I couldn't imagine my life without them nor would I want too! They light up my life everyday & always say the darnedest things! But lately they are driving me crazy! I mean-have me committed, strap on the straight jacket, throw me in a padded room, & leave me to listen to the voices in my head telling me how nice it is to be heard, since they can't be heard over all that ruckus my kids make-crazy!
Yeah that kinda crazy!
What is pushing me over the edge right now you ask? The rivalry & the bickering! I seriously heard today from S-Man "Mommy, D-D is sticking his hand in his mouth & then trying to wipe it on me!" Closely followed by D-D saying "S-Man hit me!" Not to be out done by later hearing "Mommy, D-D is breathing to hard!" OH just commit me now!!!! I know I am not the only one dealing with this, so any help would be so wonderful! The whinny, bickering is fixin' to push me off this ledge I am barely holding on to!
Ya wanna know what's not helping the situation...The GD is working super long hrs right now, gotta love the Christmas season when your on staff at a church! Between the school play, funerals, visitations, Christmas musical, not to mention his other "regular" work, he has only been home 1 night this week...Monday night! And next week looks just as bad if not worse, & that's just the things we know of! Can't even imagine the stuff that will get dropped on him last minute!
Okay I need to stop complaining now, I really have much to be thankful for & should just realize that more often! My husband has a good job that he loves & provides for his family! I am able to be a SAHM which is all I have ever wanted to be! My 18 yr old son was not killed in a car wreck this past week, like another church members was! We have food to eat, clothes to wear, & even managed to have Christmas for my kids! We are blessed! We are SO blessed! I really do know that in my head & my heart, but I still have my days & this is one of them! So pray for me to survive & thanks for listening, not that I gave you much choice! I have to go separate my blessings now!!
Oh, THANK YOU!! I literally just got on the computer to take a minute break away from my kids because they too are driving me up a wall and it's nice that I am not the only frustrated mother out there!! They are all so cute and we love them but they can still DRIVE US WACKY!!! I too, also have a husband that hasn't been home and fighting kids, so I completley understand!
ReplyDelete*HUGZ*!!
ReplyDeleteSorry, as a nonparent, that's about all I have to give ya. When my brother and I got that way we got shipped to our own rooms...
I know..I know...I totally understand! Wait till they get older..LOL.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is that it is normal to get frustrated. It's hard being a stay at home mom. On the other hand, like you said, it's such a blessing to be able to do it! Not that many moms are able to. But, once in a while, us moms need our breaks!!
:)
it is frustrating with all the bickering...just do it with god and not in your own strength. it doesn't stop the bickering, but it makes seem a bit easier with god in control
ReplyDeleteOh, I'll be praying... God will meet you, I promise. There are MANY days where I just throw my hands up and tell the Lord, "I'm done". He takes over every time I let Him!
ReplyDeleteI know those days stink. We actually started just sending our kids to their room TOGETHER when they act like that. Then, they are either stuck in their room fighting or playing... their choice.
Hope you have a good Saturday and are able to get some peace and quiet somewhere in there!
aww happens dont worry too much.. kida are sometimes cranky.. just cheer up.. after all its festive time isnt it...
ReplyDeleteThanks God my little one isn't talking yet (well except for a few words) or they would be doing the same thing. Of course they still fight which is followed by lots of crying! AHH! And I know what you mean about the Christmas season! Growing up as a preachers daughter and having a bother as a preacher it is often hard to fit in family time! But isn't it wonderful to have the family create traditions of their own in church!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I have a little award for you over on my blog, that I am getting ready to post. Don't forget to come by and grab it!
What would the holidays be without kids arguing? Just add it to all the other wonderful Holiday stress!! It'll all get better!
ReplyDeleteOh girl I am sooooo with ya!!! And since we homeschool, it really whacks me out!!! The 2 big guys start in and then the 3rd guy goes for it and then the girl has to go and get in on it too, or 3 & 4 are fighting and mr boosy #1 who tries to take control and parent the others and it just goes on and on!! Yes, they are blessings but sometimes I just need to be blessed elsewhere!!
ReplyDeleteSorry to vent on your venting, bad week here too!! Thanks for listening, hugs!!
I am so glad I am not the only one! I am an only child so I had NO IDEA what was ahead of me. I guess I just expected them to at least like each other! I was so wrong!
ReplyDeleteOkay...I'll try!
ReplyDeleteLife with kids is like that. Not much help huh?
ReplyDeleteMake your kids CLEAN when they misbehave. One magic eraser a piece, separate rooms!
It will get better - promise! HUGS!!!!!
My girls are the same, yesterday I thought I would go insane... if they are not pushing, hitting, fighting over toys, they are copying what each other says... then they play nice and hug, and its all sweet again....
ReplyDelete