Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday!

It's that time of the year again.
The day that we as adults just wish would pass us by like any other day.
It's my Birthday.
And not just any birthday.

It's my 30th birthday!

I can honestly say I have been dreading this birthday for at least a year or 2. I am no longer going to be in my 20's now it's my 30's! How did that happen? I swear just yesterday I was dying to graduate high school & now 30! My hubby is a few years older than me so when he turned 30 & HATED it, I teased him relentlessly. Now my day has come, but I will continue to remind him he will always be older than me! :)

While part of me has truly been dreading this day another part of me is SO READY! I feel like these next few years God has something BIG in store for me, even if I can't see it all clearly now. For the first time in my life I am finding things that I am passionate about, other than my husband & children. Part of the reason I never finished college was that I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up other than a wife & mom. Now I still can't say for sure what I want to be. But I know WHO I want to be. And that's exciting!!! :) I am so looking forward to seeing what God is doing & going to do through me. And the beautiful thing is I am ready now at 30 & I wasn't at 25 or even 28.

But 30?

Yep I am ready!

Happy 30th Birthday to me!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Cass

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post! Its nice to finally get to a place where you're comfortable in your own skin, you've had a chance to try things and decide what you're really passionate about and what you want to really invest your time in...and its really great when you finally feel God's pleasure in you when you're doing those things He actually created you to do!! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you!! He DOES have a great plan for you!! What a joy to watch all He is doing in your life and making you who you are made to be!! LY!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So join me in Time-Out!