So this was posted on fb by our music minister.
I am honestly wondering what everyone thinks of this.
Is it worship or distasteful?
On one side it might be...
What do you classify as worship?
Why does it have to be hymns to be true worship?
Maybe he had good intentions?
The other side might say...
How can you take those songs & make them worship?
In a church of all places presented as worshipful?
How could that worship leader ever think that was a good idea?
So tell me what do you think?
What do you classify as worship?
I am honestly wondering what everyone thinks of this.
Is it worship or distasteful?
On one side it might be...
What do you classify as worship?
Why does it have to be hymns to be true worship?
Maybe he had good intentions?
The other side might say...
How can you take those songs & make them worship?
In a church of all places presented as worshipful?
How could that worship leader ever think that was a good idea?
So tell me what do you think?
What do you classify as worship?

I personally think its funny.. hey, if it gets the kids into it - I say go for it!
ReplyDeleteWorship to me is anything that honors or brings glory to God... I think alot of secular songs can do that as well if you take the song of "love" & direct it to God.
Example - I used the example of Christina Aguilera's "Fighter" before in worship... I think it depends on your upbringing too or what you're comfortable with.
Working with the youth, I think I'm alot easier going in my mind set then say those youth's grandparents...
I think worship it what each individual person makes it. What cracks me up to no end with this one is this song is one song that I like but it is so dirty that I don't listen to it and I always say if they would change the words that it would be great because I LOVE the beat! I grew up with worship like this so I love it and miss having a church like it. I also love the quieter gospel songs too so I guess I would have to say I love both!!
ReplyDelete