Good morning ladies! Thank you all so much for your prayers & love as we enter the adoption process. Please keep praying & I will update throughout the process!!!!
------------------------------------------------------
Kelly over at Kelly's Korner has been doing a Show Us Your House blog carnival for weeks now, but I never joined in. Now she is doing a Show Us Your Life blog carnival with this week being show us your wedding dress.
Sounded so fun so here are a few pics I have...

I like Kelly have no digital pics from the big day, funny how photography has changed in just 7 yrs huh! I love my wedding dress!!!!!! It was the first one I tried one & my favorite! It is strapless with beading & lace covering the top. A long train with beading scattered throughout, my veil was not too long but had a few pearls scattered in it! So pretty!!!!!!!
There is a funny story (well it's funny now!) about my dress I thought I would share! We bought my dress almost a full year before the wedding, by the time wedding time came I had unfortunately gained a little weight. Not much only one size larger, however the bridal shop we bought it from, who shall remain nameless (David's Bridal) refused to let me swap it out. It had no alterations & was exactly the same as when I walked out the store with it. Not cool!! So we were recommended to a lady who did alterations in her home, went to her & she said it would be no problem. As I said the top part of my dress was all lace & beading. So when she let it out in the sides, instead of filling it in completely she left satin hanging out of each side with one strip of lace & few beads right down the middle. It wasn't pretty! In fact it was awful. But I tried to act like it was no big deal, but it was. Now let me stop right here & fill you in on one SMALL detail...we picked the dress up like this 4 days before the wedding!!!!!!!!! Yes you read that right 4 days!!!!!! By this point I just wanted to marry this man & start our lives together. But my Mom & Mee-Mee were horrified & refused to let me get married like that. That night we went straight to the nameless bridal shop (David's bridal) that had a new store in town & bought the exact same dress only one size larger. The manager at this shop was so apologetic & couldn't believe the other store refused to exchange it for us. She didn't charge us for the small alteration that needed to be done on the top & gave me my shoes for free. We literally picked up my finished dress about 2 hrs before the rehearsal dinner Friday night! So in the end I have 2 wedding dresses exactly alike! Trust me then it wasn't funny, but now it's a fun story to tell!!!!! Thankfully this was the only drama that surrounded out day! It was a beautiful, perfect day!!!!

------------------------------------------------------
Kelly over at Kelly's Korner has been doing a Show Us Your House blog carnival for weeks now, but I never joined in. Now she is doing a Show Us Your Life blog carnival with this week being show us your wedding dress.
Sounded so fun so here are a few pics I have...

I like Kelly have no digital pics from the big day, funny how photography has changed in just 7 yrs huh! I love my wedding dress!!!!!! It was the first one I tried one & my favorite! It is strapless with beading & lace covering the top. A long train with beading scattered throughout, my veil was not too long but had a few pearls scattered in it! So pretty!!!!!!!There is a funny story (well it's funny now!) about my dress I thought I would share! We bought my dress almost a full year before the wedding, by the time wedding time came I had unfortunately gained a little weight. Not much only one size larger, however the bridal shop we bought it from, who shall remain nameless (David's Bridal) refused to let me swap it out. It had no alterations & was exactly the same as when I walked out the store with it. Not cool!! So we were recommended to a lady who did alterations in her home, went to her & she said it would be no problem. As I said the top part of my dress was all lace & beading. So when she let it out in the sides, instead of filling it in completely she left satin hanging out of each side with one strip of lace & few beads right down the middle. It wasn't pretty! In fact it was awful. But I tried to act like it was no big deal, but it was. Now let me stop right here & fill you in on one SMALL detail...we picked the dress up like this 4 days before the wedding!!!!!!!!! Yes you read that right 4 days!!!!!! By this point I just wanted to marry this man & start our lives together. But my Mom & Mee-Mee were horrified & refused to let me get married like that. That night we went straight to the nameless bridal shop (David's bridal) that had a new store in town & bought the exact same dress only one size larger. The manager at this shop was so apologetic & couldn't believe the other store refused to exchange it for us. She didn't charge us for the small alteration that needed to be done on the top & gave me my shoes for free. We literally picked up my finished dress about 2 hrs before the rehearsal dinner Friday night! So in the end I have 2 wedding dresses exactly alike! Trust me then it wasn't funny, but now it's a fun story to tell!!!!! Thankfully this was the only drama that surrounded out day! It was a beautiful, perfect day!!!!

I'm so glad that they let you get a new one!
ReplyDeleteOh dear. I would have been in tears. For both of my weddings my dress was made. The first time around, my mom made it. Thank goodness she showed up a week before the wedding because I'd lost weight and it had to be taken in.
ReplyDeleteYour dress is beautiful!
ReplyDeletewow what a horror story i had huge issues with that same bridal shop! well your dress turned out beautiful!
ReplyDelete