Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thankful Saturday Thursday

Yes I am still here! This recovery has been much harder than I thought it would be! I had been told it was not a bad recovery & for some people I am sure it wasn't. I, however, had other things going on too. Considering how bad the endometriosis is & the 4 different procedures he had to do, I know it's no wonder I have been so sore & in bed. But if you know me at all then you know I hate, HATE being down. I am an on the go person, constantly doing something. It has been so hard for me to be stuck at home & having to rely on other people to help me. Don't get me wrong I am so, so, SO thankful for the friends & family I have that are here to help! I don't know what I would do with out them. So even though it's several days late, here's my Thankful Thursday (Saturday edition)...

*My parents that came up to spend time with us & be there to take care of me at the same time! My Mom did all my laundry & cleaned (white glove lady style) my whole house before she left so that I didn't have to be worried about it for a few days!
*Our Sunday school class has brought us meals every night since surgery continuing on through Tuesday night! How awesome is that, that I don't have to be worried about feeding my family or spending a ton of money on take-out!
*My great friend,Angie, was so sweet & picked up S-Man from school on Wed & Thurs just so I didn't have to get out & get him! What a blessing!
*Then on Friday my bff,
Sheila, came at 7:30 in the morning to spend the whole day taking care of us! And let me tell you taking care of me & then her son & D-D...she's a true friend! She even picked S-Man up from school for me!
*Then of course there is my husband, without whom I couldn't make it! (Okay I might could, but not nearly as well!) He has been there to answer the phone, take care of the boys, bring me drinks or snacks, doing anything he can to make this easier on me! He is my rock & I am so thankful to have him!

When I say I am blessed I truly mean I am SO BLESSED! Thank you all so much for your thoughts, prayers, & comments! Hopefully a few more days & I will be back to "normal" again! I know Target & Wal-Mart have to be missing me by now! LOL!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. It is nice that you have such caring and family and friends. Hope you are up and moving soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to feeling better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better. You are truly Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im happy your doing well. I just found this blog the other day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're better, recovery can be too long!!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're being so taken care of!! What a blessing indeed!

    Praying you feel better soon... just make sure you let yourself heal before you start doing too much!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So join me in Time-Out!