What a week we have had! I mean seriously a crazy week & it's only Wednesday night! Let me start at the beginning...
Start off on Monday, S-man was out of school so I thought I would do a fun thing with the boys! We took their favorite "bear" from Build-A-Bear (which is a Dino for S-man & a cow for D-D) to the store & let them pick out new pjs for them. I had a coupon so it wasn't to expensive & something fun too do! I did a few other errands while out & then started noticing S-Man was coughing an awful lot! I felt his head & he felt a little warm so I thought I would take him to the doctor thinking it was another ear infection. Plus I figured it was a good day since he was already out of school. So I called the office & had to drive 30 mins all the way BACK into town (from where we had just come) because their satellite office was booked up! Wait an hour & a half, spend 5 mins with the doctor who said it's just a cold! Seriously, wait for that long, drive back into town, $30 copay & there was nothing wrong with him! Let me tell you I hate having to take the kids to the doctor & while I am so grateful that he's not sick, it's annoying to me to go & nothing be wrong! None the less yesterday he was back at school & D-D & I went to momMEtime at our church!
Thought it was all over & behind us...yeah then this morning he woke up with a rash all over his stomach & top of his legs! GREAT! Now what! So I kept him home just in case it was something contagious. Called the doctor this morning & waited 4 hrs before I finally heard back from them! Of course I needed to bring him in because it sounded like a strep rash! SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to stop right here & tell you that while I was concerned about him I truly thought it was because I started using a new fabric softener & he just had a reaction to it! But better safe than sorry, back to the doctor AGAIN! An hour later after a strep test the verdict...
REACTION TO FABRIC SOFTENER!
So 2 hrs, $30 copay again, & another drive to the doctor & it's a reaction to the fabric softener! AHHHHHHHHH!!
I sound like I am not happy that my son is fine, really & truly I am so glad he's okay! I am so thankful for doctors, insurance, etc, I am just frustrated! Okay I am done now...I am just venting to you all, because hey it's my blog & I will cry if I want too!
Start off on Monday, S-man was out of school so I thought I would do a fun thing with the boys! We took their favorite "bear" from Build-A-Bear (which is a Dino for S-man & a cow for D-D) to the store & let them pick out new pjs for them. I had a coupon so it wasn't to expensive & something fun too do! I did a few other errands while out & then started noticing S-Man was coughing an awful lot! I felt his head & he felt a little warm so I thought I would take him to the doctor thinking it was another ear infection. Plus I figured it was a good day since he was already out of school. So I called the office & had to drive 30 mins all the way BACK into town (from where we had just come) because their satellite office was booked up! Wait an hour & a half, spend 5 mins with the doctor who said it's just a cold! Seriously, wait for that long, drive back into town, $30 copay & there was nothing wrong with him! Let me tell you I hate having to take the kids to the doctor & while I am so grateful that he's not sick, it's annoying to me to go & nothing be wrong! None the less yesterday he was back at school & D-D & I went to momMEtime at our church!
Thought it was all over & behind us...yeah then this morning he woke up with a rash all over his stomach & top of his legs! GREAT! Now what! So I kept him home just in case it was something contagious. Called the doctor this morning & waited 4 hrs before I finally heard back from them! Of course I needed to bring him in because it sounded like a strep rash! SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to stop right here & tell you that while I was concerned about him I truly thought it was because I started using a new fabric softener & he just had a reaction to it! But better safe than sorry, back to the doctor AGAIN! An hour later after a strep test the verdict...
REACTION TO FABRIC SOFTENER!
So 2 hrs, $30 copay again, & another drive to the doctor & it's a reaction to the fabric softener! AHHHHHHHHH!!
I sound like I am not happy that my son is fine, really & truly I am so glad he's okay! I am so thankful for doctors, insurance, etc, I am just frustrated! Okay I am done now...I am just venting to you all, because hey it's my blog & I will cry if I want too!
Awww *HUGZ* Thank goodness nothing is seriously wrong.
ReplyDeleteoh dear. That sounds a bit crazy!!!! Glad is was nothing serious though!
ReplyDeletejust wanted to say I understand a 100% what you're saying I hate the $30 and time for nothing too. in 6 years I think I've had 3 or 4 appts that there was a real point for being at the doctor. and we've been a whole lot more than that!!!!!!!!!!!! It got to the point awhile ago that my mom was swearing I needed to take them for something and I said it was going to be the usual nothing. SHe was so sure she bet me the copay, she said if it was nothing she'd pay. And she paid!!!
ReplyDeleteWe've had Dr's visits like that before too...it is frustrating waiting so long...paying a co-pay...because you do want to be sure that it's not "something" only to find out .....it's nothing. So, I cry along with you, and you're right...it is your blog, so do what ya want! :-)
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain!
ReplyDeleteWOW - that is a crazy start to your week!!! Hopefully, you won't have any more dr. appts for a while. LOL
ReplyDeleteHi. I found your fun blog from a friend at Theraputic Ramblings.
ReplyDeleteI can definitely relate to your story. I only live about 5 minutes from the Dr's office, but I'm been there and done that, much closer to home. It seems that just about every time I think I should take my littlest one in, she has absolutely nothing wrong with her! It is annoying, but then again it is nice to know when your child is ok.
Hope your week is looking up.