Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Catching up!

Good afternoon ladies! Thought I would catch up on the going-ons in our house this week! We are starting to get ready for my parents coming in this weekend! I am so excited, for several reasons! First of all because I get to see them & since they live 8 hrs away we only get to see them a few times a year! And second because this is the first year they are coming here for Christmas! The GD & I have been married for 6 Christmas's & this is the first one where we are not having to travel! We are so excited about just being able to be at our home for Christmas! The downside is I don't get to see my grandparents, aunt, cousins, friends etc, but it's so nice to not have to travel this year! I really could go on & on about how excited we are but I think you get the drift!

So we are having to get the house clean & all the laundry caught up, etc! I love my Mom dearly & she is my mom & my friend, but that woman is OCD when it comes to cleaning! I always freak out before she gets here because I feel like my house clean is her house dirty! I call her the 'white glove' lady! In fun...kinda! Anyway it's going to be a busy end of the week for us! Tomorrow is S-Man's Christmas party at school & then Friday he gets out at 12:30, so that will complicate the cleaning process some! But I will get it done, I always do!

Let's see other than that we are just enjoying the Christmas season! I am done with shopping except picking up one little thing for my Mom & Dad! Of course it's easy to get done when your broke & don't have much to spend! LOL!

One perk of GD's job at the church is they close the office for the week of Christmas & the week of New Years, so he only has to go in 1 day a week! I figure it's a trade off for ALL those nights & weekends he works earlier in the month! We are very much looking forward to have the GD home with us! So not to exciting but that brings you up to date! I am sure you will hear from me again but just in case!

Merry Christmas!!!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Not the least bit excited are we? *giggles*
    I understand where you're coming from though. I live in Virginia and my folks are in California. My closest blood relation is in Indiana so I dont get to see them that often. Once every couple years or so *IF* Im lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo girl, sounds like ya got the BUG Christmas going on!! So glad GD has off to help or at least keep the kids occupied! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it sounds like you have a busy week ahead!!! I could tell you are a little excited...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice for the hubby! I hope you have an amazing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to travel over the holidays for years. Then one Christmas we just stayed home and it was great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get off my tush and get my house ready for Christmas too!

    I hope you enjoy having your family around. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I left you something tonight on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So join me in Time-Out!