Monday, May 18, 2009

Recipe

Hello all! I certainly didn't think I would be posting again today but I had to share these recipe that I tried tonight! Do you get the Kraft magazine? If not you really should sign up (FREE!) here. I get tons of ides from this magazine! Mostly desserts but tonight I tried a new shrimp recipe & a new dessert recipe! So here goes...


Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
1/2 lbs linguine, uncooked
2 Tbsp Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
1/2 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp
3 cloves of garlic minced
6 oz Cream cheese
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp; cook & stir 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, adding garlic for the last minute. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon; set aside.
Add cream cheese & broth to skillet; cook until cream cheese is completely melted, stirring frequently. Stir in shrimp & 3 Tbsp Parmesan.
Drain pasta. Add to skillet; toss to coat. Transfer to platter; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan & Parsley.

While I did follow these directions pretty close I did differ some. I used Wal-Mart brand everything versus Kraft, for expense sake. I couldn't find the shrimp exactly as they specified so I got the already cooked kind. I also added more Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing to taste, not necessary but we liked more flavor. I also won't make quite as much pasta next time, I would have liked a little more sauce. But it was still really good & very easy!

I served this with asparagus, I originally found this recipe from Paula Deen but can't find it online now...

Fresh stalk of Asparagus
1/2 stick of butter
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Mrs Dash Seasoning
Garlic Salt
Lemon Juice

Wash the asparagus then cut the bottoms of the stalks off. Place asparagus in a large skillet & cover with water. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Drain off water. Saute asparagus with 1/2 stick of butter. Sprinkle Lemon Pepper, Mrs Dash, & Garlic Salt, turning to coat. Then spray Lemon Juice over top. I can't tell you the exact amounts to use, just season to taste. We use a lot of seasoning but we really like it that way!

Next up was dessert, that I also got from Kraft magazine...



Frozen Grasshopper Squares
28 Oreo Cookies crumbled
1 (1 1/2 quart) container of softened mint-chocolate chip ice cream
1 (8oz) tub of Cool Whip thawed
1 square of Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate grated

Line 13x9 pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Crush 20 cookies (I used more than that!) sprinkle crumbs onto bottom of prepared pan. Spread ice cream evenly over crumbs in pan; top with Cool Whip & grated chocolate.
Freeze 3 hrs. Remove from freezer 15 min before serving to soften. Lift dessert from pain with foil handles; cut into 16 squares. Cut remaining cookies in half; place 1 on each square.

Soooooo good! Hope you enjoy as much as we did!!!

Photobucket


4 comments:

  1. Ooh! I got my Kraft Magazine yesterday and saw that recipe! It looks so good, glad to know you liked it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award. Come to my blog to receive it. Don't you love the Kraft magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel my cholesterol soaring reading this...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So join me in Time-Out!