Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Yes I am running behind today on my Thankful Thursday! So much to do so little time to do it! I usually do my Thankful Thursday on Wednesday night & schedule it for first thing Thursday morning, yesterday it just never got done! But better late than never. What are you thankful for this week? Grab my button & be sure to let me know so I can check it out! And now this week's Thankful Thursday...




This week I am being thankful for my Mommy friends! The ones who know my everyday struggles & are there for me through it all! God has blessed me with some amazing christian women, who I seek out for advice, strength, or just a listening ear! I was so excited this past year to help start a Mommy group with, Lesley, a good friend of mine from church. We started last summer meeting twice a month for playgroups & then during the school year we met once a month for playgroup & once a month for our "momMEtime" meeting at church! We have snacks, & childcare for 2 hrs & are able to meet together for learning & fellowship. Lesley has been teaching from Lisa Whelchel's book "Taking Care of the ME in Mommy". Hence the name, momMEtime, all about stopping & remembering to take care of ourselves. It's a great read & reminder to really remember ourselves even when taking care of everyone else! I have learned so much from these ladies, & have made some new friends that I didn't really know otherwise! I love being a SAHM, but let's face it, it can be a very lonely job. It has helped me so much to have some adult conversation & fellowship with other Mom's every now & then! So this week I am so thankful for all of them! I won't name them all here, but they know who they are!
I love you girls & am so thankful for all of you!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Well put. I admire you. I'd be a horrible stay at home mom. Don't get me wrong I love my girls and I spend as much time as I can, but I'd go crazy. You are special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very wonderful thing to be thankful for. It's good to have a support system in place.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So join me in Time-Out!